With the high costs of the traditional juicing machine, it makes sense to look for a cheaper option. This is where the masticating juicer comes in. It is undoubtedly good value for money. Which one is the Best? Find out now!
What is a masticating juicer?
A masticating juicer is a type of juicer that is based on the squeezing action. There is no spinning action involved.
The main advantage of a masticating juicer is that it operates at a slow speed and exerts a low level of heat. The latter means that more nutrients can be retained and less heat can be generated with the same amount of work.
As a result, the masticating juicer is able to retain the enzymes and nutrients from the juices. This is especially beneficial for those who are health-conscious.
Most of the masticating juicers on the market today are built with safety in mind. This is because the manufacturers know that consumers are not familiar with this type of juicer.
Want to take a look at some of the Best Juicers for 2019? Please scroll down and see what we have in store for you!
1. Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor and Nutrition Center Creates Fruit Vegetable and Wheatgrass Juice Quiet Motor Slow Masticating Dual-Stage Extraction
- Very well-priced
- Simple, compact design
- Available at several price points depending on what you need
- Nutrient Preservation System
- Small footprint to take up less space on your countertop
- Might be a bit complicated for some people
- That being said, if you like your juicer hard, this one is not for you
Omega has been a leader in the juicing industry for years now. They make some of the best products on the market and are very well-respected in the world of juice-related equipment. This model is currently their most popular offering, and is ridiculously versatile.
You can use it to make juice from virtually any type of fruit, vegetable, or wheatgrass. It has a large chute for the amount of material it works with, and a dual stage juicing system that first grinds it into smaller pieces for better juice extraction. It is also incredibly quiet and surprisingly affordable for a model with this kind of power.
When it comes to clean up, this juicer couldn’t be simpler. Everything that comes into contact with food is incredibly easy to clean, and the unit itself is only slightly more difficult.
2. Juicer Machines
- No loud noise
- Extracts juices instead of purees
- Pressed jams, vegetable soups and nut butters
- Quiet, vibration free operation
- Easy to clean
- Low productivity
- Hardly used with the brush
- Difficult assembly
- Juicer Machines, Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor Easy to Clean, Quiet Motor & Reverse Function, BPA-Free, Cold Press Juicer with Brush, Juice Recipes for Vegetables and Fruits, 20x More Nutrition, Juice Extractor Juice Extractor Machine
20x More Nutrition, Juice Extractor Juice Extractor Machine.
This slow juicer extracted juice that is at least 20x more nutrient dense than that of a high-speed centrifugal juicer. The slow juicer presses the juice out of the vegetable and fruit instead of pulverizing the fiber and other ingredients, thus the juice is less oxidized. The slow juicer is more effective on greens.
3. Tribest GSE-5010 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer
- The dual-stage juicing action ensures the freshest juice possible
- Product comes with a ten-year warranty
- Features a 100% high-quality stainless-steel body
- Can crush and juice wheatgrass, kale, spinach, and more
- Provides super-high yields with dry pulp that’s nearly undetectable
- Has quartz, diamond and titanium-rield slow-speed gears
- Some reports have shown that the juicer may begin to smell after extended use
- Takes quite a bit of strength to use
- The 1000-watt motor tends to heat up after extended use
This particular juicer has been around for quite some time, and the reason that it’s still one of the best on the market is that it’s hard to find anything that’s better for your money. The Tribest Greenstar Elite ultimately becomes one of the top rated masticating juicers you can own because it’s designed to offer a 10-year warranty.
4. Slow Juicer,AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor Professional Machine
- You can get this top rated juicer at a healthy price
- Super quiet
- It can make various kinds of juices
- It is easy to operate
- It does not take up much space
- It is easy to clean
- As it is a slow juicer, it will take more time to make juices
- Sometimes it will by mistake make too much froth
Energy Booster,Alkaline Booster with a Slow Gear Grinding Technology.
As it is a slow juicer, it takes too much time to make juices, but when you compare it with centrifugal juicers, it takes much lesser time especially when you’re making hard fruits and vegetable juices. Juicing soft fruits and vegetables like a large quantity of leafy greens in a short time is a plus point. It has a compact design and it is perfect if you do not have too much space in your kitchen.
One of the features which every juicer has is that they are easy to operate. So this juicer is also an easy and time saving juicer with the latest EZ press system, so if you are looking for a juicer with easy operation, then this is the right product for you.
5. Aobosi Slow Masticating juicer Extractor
- One year warranty
- Stainless steel masticating juicer
- A soy milk scraper which will allow you to make soy milk
- Compact design
- Multifunctional juicer
- Its instruction manual is only available in Chinese
- Reports of customer service being very bad
- There have been quality issues with this product
- Not for those who are interested in juices with high pulp content
- Pricey, but still affordable nonetheless
If you’re looking for a higher quality masticating juicer with a much lower price tag, this juicer is a great option. The juicing process is made efficient when you use products from the Aobosi brand. They take pride in their well-made products and they show it.
It’s not missing the reverse function and cold press features because it’s such an affordable juicer. In fact, it’s a dual stage juicer that also features a reverse function.
6. Juicer Machines Centrifugal Juice Extractor
- 3-in-1 juicer, can be used for juicing and making purees
- Great for oranges as well
- Large pulp-collecting bowl
- Makes juice of a high quality
- Needs to be washed after every use, but that’s expected
- Not as good at extracting juice when juicing soft fruits or berries, as it tends to leave more pulp behind
- The filters get clogged with pulp if juicing more than one fruit/vegetable
This juicer was rated best in many Best Juicer article. Affordable price for great juicer. I have used it twice already and haven’t broken it yet. In comparison to the two previous juicers I’ve owned, I’m happy to have bought this one. I’ve found it to be quick and easy to assemble and clean.
7. SKG Q8 Wide Chute Vertical Masticating Juicer 45 RPM BPA Free Anti-oxidation Easy to Clean
- Easy to use
- High quality/durability
- Affordable, low-priced device
- Juice can be kept in a mason jar
- Nutrient-filled juice
- Easy to clean, it’s dishwasher safe
- Produces only a small amount of noise during operation
- Only juices fruits and vegetables
- The juice produced takes awhile to create
- Large fruits might need to be pre-cut before you insert them into the juicer
- Slow juicer
This masticating juicer takes the popular masticating juicers to the next level. It’s a vertical slow juicer which means it operates at 45 RPM and will ensure all the nutrients from the fruits/vegetables you put into it.
The SKG Q8 Juicer extracts only the juice from the fruits or vegetables you put into it and filter all other parts. It also helps that it’s easy to use. You can easily clean it with soap and water.
Another great thing about this device is that the juice made in it can be stored in mason jars in the refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours without making it oxidized.
8. TEC Slow Masticating Juicer
- Works quickly
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Reliable and efficient
- Extracts less juice than higher-end masticating juicers
- Limited warranty
This juicer has a high-performance motor that is rated at 100 RPM. This is one of the highest speeds in this price range and means that the juice yields will be higher than similar products.
It is made of lightweight materials and is easy to clean. The parts are easy to put together, and it works like a charm.
9. Kuvings BPA-Free Whole Slow Juicer B6000PR
- Slow but powerful motor
- Can process all kinds of ingredients
- Easy and safe to clean
- Produces less foam than other juicer
- Affordable price
- Available in three colors
- Produces foam
- Can take some time to clean once in a while
The Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer B6000pr is a great juicer for soft ingredients. It is a masticating juicer so you may have to cut ingredients into smaller pieces.
Its strong but slow motor is available in three different speed options so you can decide the speed that’s most comfortable for you to start juicing.
It is very easy to assemble the parts and disassemble it for cleaning and it is dishwasher friendly.
10. Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer Machine Extractor
- It includes a juicing recipe book
- Well-made and very durable
- Has a one year warranty
- Can juice hard, root vegetables like carrots and ginger
- It has a large feeding tube of 3 inches
- Powerful, only uses 150 watts of power
- Easy to clean
- Very quiet, you won’t even know it’s on
- It has a wide chute for easy feeding
- It has a reverse function for thick fruit
- It’s a little pricier than average
- Some reviewers have reported leakage from the pulp container
- There are no instructional videos on Youtube for this model
Pulp Ejection, Everything you Need to Start Juicing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best masticating juicer on the market?
Masticating juicers are comparable to Single-Auger Juicers in their ability to juice fruits and vegetables and make the best of your produce. However, they work at a much slower pace than centrifugal juicers and can exhaust your produce if you don't use them the right way.
One of the best reasons to buy a masticating juicer is that it juices fruits and vegetables more efficiently than a centrifugal juicer. Masticating juicers usually have two gears that crush your produce instead of spinning at high-speed, which separates the juice and pulp. This results in more of what you …re after: the juice.
Masticating juicers are slow because they are able to chew through hard produce with little to no problem; but another advantage is that they are thorough, resulting in a fairly dry pulp. This may be beneficial if you are looking for the fiber content of certain produce.
Are masticating juicers better?
As compared to centrifugal juicers, the masticating juicers are better for several reasons. First of all, it produces more juice from a less quantity of food fiber. It is also quieter than centrifugal juicers and it is easier to clean. In our opinion, if you can afford to buy a masticating juicer then it’s a great addition for your health.
Which type of juicer is best?
Wheatgrass juicers and single-gear juicers are the most common types of juicers. Single gear juicer grinds the entire fruit or vegetables down to a pulp and is then rotated past a strainer where the juice is extracted, leaving behind the pulp. Wheatgrass juicers squeeze the grass’ fibers and extract the juices while retaining the pulp.
The most popular single gear juicers are the Jack Lalanne (can make up to 30-40 oz of juice per use) and the Hurom (can make up to 35-40 oz per use). You can also look at the Breville and the Omega juicers if you have a bigger budget, but in my experience these can be fairly pricey, so I would look at this section first when deciding on a juicer.
Which Hurom juicer is the best?
Hurom is a popular juicer brand, but also not a very widespread one. Hurom is manufactured in Korea where it gained popularity due to the high-quality of its products. Hurom Juicers are known for their longevity and efficiency. The Hurom Juicers are considered to have some of the best juicers for carrots, ginger, apples and oranges.
If you want to save some money on your Hurom juicer, you can read customer reviews and go with a Hurom juicer that's less expensive. The slow masticating juicers are very versatile because you can juice any kind of food including leafy veggies and wheatgrass.
There are more juicers on the market than you can shake a carrot stick at. But what separates the wheat from the chaff really is the quality of the juice the juicer creates. Many of them tend to be cheaper which seems great, but when you buy cheap, you usually get cheap performance. So take the time to find the best masticating juicer for your needs. Narrow down which features are important to you and compare how they stack up against one another to ensure that you are getting a high-quality machine.